Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I walked right into one today!

My coworker was messing with me this morning by telling another guy how he should watch out for me since I can get so angry and upset at people. He told the guy that the way to know if I was mad was to watch if I got up and walked around our building. I agreed that was true. He then told the guy that’s why you could find me out walking first thing every morning! I just had to laugh!


I do walk or run in the mornings, but it’s not because I’m mad at the world. I like to think that I am a very calm and typically easy going person. It’s pretty hard to get me emotionally upset at someone or something. But there was one time in the 5 ½ years that I’ve worked here that I got upset at a guy who wouldn’t stop talking. He was unwilling to listen to what I said and just kept going on and on about whatever it was he thought I should do. Finally I just got up, left my office and walked outside. I took a short walk around our plant. By the time I got back I think he had gone back to his office. The walk really did help - so I would definitely recommend it if you are frustrated while talking with someone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good advice. :)

Thanks for sharing this. :)

I love and miss you.

Have a wonderful day,

Your brother Elijah

Miriam said...

Elijah,

Good to hear from you! I hope you have a great weekend!

Love ya!

Miriam

Ivory said...

Before I transfered into engineering, my job was pretty stressful because of the interaction with certain other departments. I found that walking during my lunch break really helped me stay calm. So I would agree that walking when your upset or uptight really works. It's a much better solution than bruising someone's foot :)