Friday, January 9, 2009

Reading the Bible

I've recently begin reading the bible a new way using google reader. I know that at least 15 people read my blog through google reader so I thought that you (and possibly others) may be interesting in subscribing to the Bible. I just started yesterday and chose to "catch up" the reading from the beginning of the year. But you don't have to do that as the reader will give out the same passages each day of the year. If you're interested, visit Bible Gateway's site here. As I don't want to be stuck using the computer if I'm traveling, I also printed out the same schedule in daily for at Bible Year here.

So far, I'm enjoying the idea. I hope that reading on the computer will make it more likely that I do simple research about the things that I read. Maybe it will even make it more likely that I share "new" things I learn here on my blog.

For example, this morning as I caught up on my reading, I noticed for the first time how God called himself a reward in Genesis 15:1

After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward. "

Do I think of the Lord as my very great reward? He is and I must align my thinking with His revealed word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool! Thanks for posting about it.

Ellen