Tuesday, June 3, 2008

In My Father's House. . .

John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."

Last night as I drifted off to sleep in my parents house again, this verse came to mind. It was nice to be in the house of my earthly father. I appreciate the fact that he does have many rooms, and that they were more than happy to have their daughter come home again. Though I had not intended to move in with my parents for another month, some circumstances in the house I was living in made me think otherwise. I finally took John's advice and that of many of my friends and began moving out on Monday morning before work. There is still some packing to be done, and I'm planning to try to get the rest of my stuff moved out within a week (if possible). I have other plans each evening this week and am leaving for Ohio to see John this weekend, but I think I could make a lot of progress packing in the mornings before work.

It's been a tumultuous few days with changes in both work and home life. But in the midst of it all, it was very comfortable to fall asleep safe in my father's house last night.

In the midst of uncertainty, we had some fun this weekend with a Peru trip pancake breakfast Saturday morning, helping a family move after that and then Anna's graduation at the end of the day. On Sunday, we had a fun time eating and playing games after church. I didn't feel like taking pictures so one of the girls took pictures for me and did a great job. Enjoy!

No comments: