Tuesday, July 24, 2007

1st Siblings Breakfast

This morning I had breakfast with my younger siblings before work. I had been thinking of the best way to see my siblings more often and thought that having them over for breakfast might be a lot of fun. Lydia and Elijah are home from college for the summer and though I usually go to the parents house once a week, read blogs and occasionally see them at church or play practice, I thought we could use more time to just catch up on each others lives. Especially with Lydia working the 3 PM to 11 PM shift, going over there on evenings wouldn't really help me see her more.

Anyway, the kids (as I've always called them) came over at 6:45 this morning and I had a great time eating with them. I have awesome siblings so it's nice to hear their unblogged stories in "real time!"

Thanks guys for coming - especially to Lydia for getting up early after working so late. Lets make this a habit. See you next Tuesday, bright and early!

Oh, by the way, if my other siblings (Luke, Michele, Maria and Ron) want to come with your children (my niblings Daniele, Alex, Zach, Nate, James, Sara, and Lisa Beth), you're more than welcome! Just let me know you're coming and I'll make extra food!

We learned something else this morning - a 2 second time delay on the camera is too short (see 1st picture) and a 10 second time delay is a bit too long (second picture)!

3 comments:

Luke and Michele said...

Sounds great! What do you have for breakfast?? :)

love ya!
Michele

Anna Naomi said...

Thanks so much for having us over, Miriam! It was a delicious breakfast, and fun to talk together. I'll be there next Tuesday! =)

Miriam said...

Anna, I was glad to have you all! Maybe I'll try something more interesting than just bacon and eggs next time-we'll just have to wait and see.

Michele, we'll have whatever you want - I'l be glad to take orders (as long as I get them in advance). I'm thinking that cinnamon rolls sound pretty good. Do you have a good recipe for those?