Saturday, July 7, 2007

Woke up Laughing!

Last night I was very tired when I went to sleep. It's been a busy last couple weeks and as I went to sleep, I set my alam with misgivings wondering if sleeping in might be better for me than getting up to run in the morning. Well, I woke up about midnight and decided that I was too tired to get up early so I turned the alarm clock off. Sleeping in was what I needed, who cares about running!

Whenever I wake up, the first thing I do is to look at the time. I think I look at the time before I'm really even awake. This morning I looked at the clock at 6 AM and immediately started laughing. I think it's the first time that I woke myself up laughing. I didn't even realize why I was laughing until I was more awake and remembered that the alam I turned off was set for 6 AM as well. I guess it's good when little things like waking up without an alarm can make you laugh!

Well, I did run my route (2.8 miles that I'm trying to drop from 27.5 minutes when I started it May 30th down to 24 minutes hopefully sometime this month). The picture is from this morning after I finished cooling down by walking another .75 miles while reviewing memlok. I've run the same route 13 times now and have run it at 24.5 minutes once, but today it took me 25.5 minutes. It's still hard for me to run without breaks to walk. I decided to learn to run instead of just walking and half-heartedly jogging a couple months ago when I found the "Couch to 5k" 9 week schedule on a website (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml). I started that plan on March 20th and by following it, I went from struggling to run 1/2 mile to running to a friends house 4.5 miles away in the middle of May. After finishing that 9 week schedule, I chose to keep the distance that I had worked up to running and to work on improving speed. So that's what I'm working on now every other day when I run. By the way, I did some reading on running versus jogging and found that though some people say that jogging is slow running there really no technical or measurable difference between the two. So a person can call it whatever they want.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Hey Miriam!
I like the name of your blog!
Congratulations on starting blogging!
It's kind of fun, isn't it?
Hope you have a great day!!!
Lydia

Elijah said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Miriam! Thanks for joining. :)

I look forwarding to reading your blog.

"It's still hard for me to run without breaks to walk."
Amen! It's still my goal to one day run all the way to the creek and back without stopping and walking like I always do. I've run all the way there once or twice without any breaks. I've been keeping track of my times here: http://www.elijahlofgren.com/about/about-me/exercise-log/

See you on Thursday!

Your Brother,

Elijah

Miriam said...

Thaks for welcoming me to the blogosphere! I have enjoyed it so far and even more have enjoyed reading your blogs!