Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ruth Musical

This week my sister Anna's musical Ruth-From Rejection to Redemption will be presented at my church (Fountain of Grace) in Prattville. I've been amazed to watch it come together in about 6 weeks of practices. Anna has done a great job of directing as well as acting in the play. The actors have learned their lines and the dances in an amazingly short period of time. I'm looking forward to watching the performance this weekend. It's been a fun thing to work on as a family - Mom's helping to coordinate, Dad's playing Boaz, Anna is Ruth, writer, director, choriographer and more, Elijah is taking video, Lydia is running lights, Jubilee is one of the characters (whose name I can't think of), and I'm running sound. Thanks for not just having the idea of the play, but for actually doing it Anna!

This is a short promotional video we made and played at church on Sunday. It will give you a taste of what the play is all about!

5 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

Thanks for all the work you've done to help it come together, Miriam! I wouldn't be able to do it without your help and that of so many other people!

Miriam said...

Thanks Anna - It's been fun to help and watch it come together. I can't waith until the performace to see it all work together.

See you tonight - I hope the weather predictions are off. It looks like at 7pm it will still be 95º and feel like 98º. Volley ball is going to be hot (but fun!).

Anna Naomi said...

Ugh - hopefully not! It was nice and cool this morning...

Oh - and Jubilee's character is Tamar. =)

Anonymous said...

So how was the musical? Did everything come together without any hitches?

Miriam said...

It went really well. They did an amazing job! I guess I was quite focused doing the sound because both nights I was suprised when I turned to the last page of the script. Anna's thinking of maybe doing another play - there are a lot of kids who want to be in it and I hope she does. James and Holly and their kids came to the play on Saturday and we were able to spend a little time together. It shounds like they're looking forward to us coming.