Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Great Weekend & Busy Week

I had a fun time this weekend with John in Ohio! It was fun to think as I flew in that in the somewhat near future this area would be my home!

The weather was nice, so we were able to spend some time on Saturday afternoon on a walk at nearby Mohecan State Park. We walked to a small, but beautiful waterfall. It's a place that will be fun to go back to someday. There are camping areas and canoeing nearby!

I was able to once again to attend Morrow Bible Church and to stay at the pastor's house for the weekend. It's been very nice to be able to stay with them each time I go up to see John. They have been very hospitable!

We also enjoyed a nice meal on Saturday with another family that goes to the church. I've gone there several times now, and we played take 2 with them after dinner. The spread of games from Alabama to Ohio has already begun!


This week is going to be very busy from this point forward. I'm preparing for inventory today and it starts tomorrow bright and early at 6 AM! I'm hoping that we are close to being done by the end of Friday, but more likely that not we will be working well into Saturday and possibly even on Monday.

Usually we only have to do inventory once a year, but this time it's different. It's been only 5 months since we went through this. But I guess it will be good to count and locate everything now since all the parts were moved just a few months ago. Of course we (who actually do the inventory) would never want to do an inventory, much less an extra inventory, but its just something that we have to do.

I am going to spend Friday and Saturday night watching a couple girls so their parents can get away to celebrate their 25th anniversary. I've enjoyed babysitting the girls every month or so for the last 6 months, so I hope that they will do well with me overnight. It should be a lot of fun!

So, time marches on. . . I guess it's good to be busy since it makes time pass quickly. I do need to spend some time on wedding stuff, somehow. One good thing is that the school year is coming to a close. As soon as May is done, I'll have two more free evenings every week! I'm looking forward to that since an evening without a plan for me to be somewhere is practically nonexistent these days.

But in all this, I was reminded this morning in Psalm 62 that we can find rest in God and pour our hearts out to Him!

5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

3 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

Thanks for sharing about your weekend! It sounds like you had fun. The first picture of you and John is a really good one of the two of you!

Hope inventory goes well for you!

Luke and Michele said...

glad you had such a good time in ohio. you guys take such cute pictures together! :)

love ya,
Michele

Lydia said...

Hey Miriam!
Thank you for sharing the pictures from Ohio! The park looks like a great place, some beautiful rock formations! It would be fun to come visit there!
Sounds like you are quite busy this month. It has been busy these last few weeks for me as well. I am looking forward to seeing you around May 14-18. I miss you!
Love,
Lydia