Tuesday, October 9, 2007

This is not (ok so it is) a forward!

I don't like to forward emails. But, there are times when you get a forward that you do want to share. I don't mind reading them, but I just don't like to forward them. Well, I got this forward today and instead of flooding email inboxes with it, I thought I would just post it on here. It's a good reminder of kind conduct and good advice. So if you don't like forwards or anything to do with them, skip this post; otherwise read and enjoy.

ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

TWO. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

FOUR. When you say, "I love you," mean it.

FIVE. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.

SIX.. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

**Editorial note added 1/6/08. As my friend John told me today, I ought to be a woman of my word. It's something that I indeed want to be! In order not to confuse people who think that I believe and go by everything written in this post, I would like to state plainly that I don't really think it's important to be engaged for at least six months before getting married. I think that shorter engagements (of 3 or 4 months) might be a better option. Now, I don't know for sure since I haven't gone through a wedding yet. I've heard of people being engaged for over two years and maybe it's not a bad idea for some folks. But, I just want to plainly say that not only do I not agree 100% with that statement, but I am not completely sure what the ideal length of time to be engaged is! - Oh, I'm also not sure I believe in love at first sight either. I think true love is much deeper than looks.

SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.

EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

TEN. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.

TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.

THIRTEEN. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"

FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

FIFTEEN. Say "God bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.

SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson .

SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice .

TWENTY-ONE. Spend some time alone.

No comments: