Friday, September 21, 2007

Clouds and Stars

Psalm 8
1 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens
3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

The last few morning have been clear and cool. I could see the stars as I walked. At times I thought it was probable that I would trip since I kept looking up at the stars. Those verses from Psalms 8 about the stars and man kept on going through my mind. Looking at the stars reminds us how small we are in comparison and yet God still cares for us.

This morning was cloudy as you can see in the picture. I could not see the stars. But, they were still there. I guess that's how it is at times in our Christian life. We can't see that Jesus is with us, but he is in both the clear and cloudy times.

1 comment:

Elijah said...

Nice picture and post!

I've enjoyed taking a bunch of pictures of the sky and I just uploaded some of them here: http://picasaweb.google.com/elijahlofgren/LeTourneauScenery

Love ya,

Elijah