Friday, September 19, 2008

Miriam Plays the Computer (by her hubbie John)

Well... now that I am married to Miriam, she has given me the rights to post a blog on her site! How nice! So what to write about? As many of you know very well, I now have the privilege of starting a journey of fascinating discoveries about the person who is my best friend. I now even get to go to sleep and wake up with her being very close by.

It is natural, then, to begin a journey of discovery about a person to whom you are so closely related. One thing that that I love to do, as Miriam has now told you all, is to take pictures using a very nice camera that I purchased a few months back(Panasonic DMC-L1).

It is all because of Miriam I bought the camera. ;-)
Well...that's not the real truth. I have wanted a new camera so I created an occasion to justify purchasing a DSLR by proposing to Miriam :-0.
Oops, wrong again. Okay Miriam, I will be honest, I just wanted one :-).

Well, one such discovery I have made lately is the phenomenon of Miriam on the computer. It just seems that Miriam does bond very well to her computer once she gets on it and starts playing it (typing on it). Yes, playing it. You know how people play musical instruments such as the violin, piano, bass guitar, or so on. People play computer too. Just listen to the sounds of the keyboard and the funny noises that come through the computers speakers -- such as when the computer comes on.

Miriam looks completely relaxed and undisturbed when she is at the computer. She is very methodical. Computers can cause heartache and frustration to a lot of people. But for Miriam, whatever problem the computer throws at her, she just calmly thinks for a while and tames the computer to jump through whatever hoops she wants it to go through. I could continue to go on and try to describe what I see. But as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Enjoy these:


There she is... Mrs. Miriam.



Highly concentrated, like orange juice?



Thinking in search of a solution.



Ahh, I got it!!



Somebody I love is watching me!

Okay, back to work.
Hmm.


Oh, he's taking pictures of me.


He is taking a picture from every angle!


Thanks John, but truly, this is starting to get annoying.

I'll help you make a decision to stop!


Time to go!!

To close, we are greatly indebted to all of you who worked so hard to make our wedding such a beautiful occasion. May the Lord bless you all.

6 comments:

PoetLady said...

So...are you abandoning your blog (God's Truth sets us free)?

She must REALLY love you to let you post on HER BLOG. Wow, I didn't know you could love someone that much (just kidding.)

Welcome to the family..and Miriam's blogospere, John.

Sis to you both,
Maria

Luke and Michele said...

How well you captured Miriam! And you all are having too much fun. :)
Michele

Anonymous said...

John,
You are a nut! I can see such a sense of humor in you. I am glad to get to know you better through Miriam's blog. Thanks for posting on h"HER" blog and look forward to more in the future. You guys honeymoon looked awesome. So glad yall thought the wedding was beautiful. Mama and I so enjoyed the decorating and having a part in you guys BIG day.
Love in Christ and missing yall! Natalie

Anna Naomi said...

Great pictures! Good to read a post from you, John. =)

I especially like the last 3 pictures - Miriam, you're lovely! #6 is really good too!

Anonymous said...

Nice post, John. I never knew it was in you. I like #5 and the last two pics w/captions. Enjoy yourselves.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Miriam! I love you so much, and miss you so much! I know we never got to "hang" out or anything, but your kindness and love for my family, when I could not be here for them, meant so much to me. I will be thnking about you both as you embark on this crazy rollercoaster called married life, but I am soooo happy it found you two! You will love it! The best part, I've always said, is not having to leave seperately to go home anymore...you get to go home TOGETHER! No longer alone! Always someone warm next to you in the middle of the night, no more dinners alone, someone to watch that stupid old si-fi with, and so much more that is individual, private, intimate and special, to each complete individual the Lord puts together as a couple, to make one brand new complete whole... just like us as His Own Bride! How wonderful is that! Have fun, always kiss goodnight, and expect to drool on eachothers pillows!
Love always, Kerry Horton